Fungal Plant Pathogens Edition 2
Covering the key techniques used when working with fungal plant pathogens, this practical manual deals with recognition of disease symptoms, detection and identification of fungi and methods to characterize them well as curation, quarantine and quality assurance. This new edition includes updates with respect to:
- Greater awareness and concern internationally about plant health and biosecurity
- Molecular biology - next generation sequencing and in field detection
- Improved opportunities for surveillance and detection in substrates, such as remote sensing
- Changes in taxonomy and reference to more current fungal plant pathogens
- New chapters on tree health, public awareness, outreach, and communications
Fungal Plant Pathogens, second edition provides a valuable guide to investigating fungal plant diseases and interpreting laboratory findings for postgraduate and advanced undergraduate students, extension plant pathologists, consultants, and advisers in agriculture and horticulture and the food supply chain.