Food Industry 4.0
Unlocking Advancement Opportunities in the Food Manufacturing Sector
- ISBN 9781789248425
- Language English
- Pages 168 pp.
- Size 6" x 9"
This book provides industry insights and fresh ideas for the advancement of the most vital global industry -- food. Drawing on their industry and academic expertise, the authors have identified three controlling aspects of food business operations that can unleash long term success: consumer health and wellbeing; product and process sustainability; and harnessing advances in digitalization. If developed to their maximum potential these factors have the capability to revolutionize the food sector.
Food Industry 4.0 highlights advancement opportunities for the food manufacturing sector, including innovation in products, processes and services, as it seeks to combine productive, efficient and sustainable practices. The contents address:
- Mapping data, new approaches for food system applications
- The perfect meal and making a balanced global diet possible
- Industry 4.0 applications in the food sector: robotics and automation, big data, Internet of Things, cybersecurity
- Resource utilization in the food manufacturing sector
- Resilience and sustainability in food supply chains
- Environmental and social governance in our food system.