Cucurbits Edition 2
Completely updated with new content and full-color figures throughout, the second edition of this successful book continues to provide complete coverage relating to the production of cucurbits, including cucumbers, gourds, muskmelons, pumpkins, squashes and watermelons. These crops are grown worldwide and represent one of the largest and most important groups of horticultural food plants. This second edition of Cucurbits provides up-to-date, succinct and authoritative knowledge on this variety of crops and reflects on significant advances in the areas of production, breeding and evolution.
This new edition:
- Contains new chapters on abiotic stresses and cucurbits for health
- Includes major updates in research on the evolution, movement and distribution of species
- Explores new genetic resources and breeding advancements
- Delivers current information on methods of improving yield (e.g. grafting) and the management and resistance for pests and diseases
- Has an updated list of the most recent taxonomic names
This book represents a current and comprehensive guide to cucurbits, is highly illustrated and written in an accessible style. It is an essential resource for students, growers and researchers.
1: What are Cucurbits?
2: Crop Evolution and Diversity
3: Breeding and Genetics
4: Major Crops
5: Minor Crops
6: Cultural Requirements
7: Fruit and Seed Production
8: Cucurbits for Human Health
9: Diseases and Nematodes
10: Insects and Spider Mites
11: Abiotic Stresses