Applied Plant Virology
15th September 2014
- ISBN 9781845939915
- Language English
- Pages 190 pp.
- Size 7.5" x 9.625"
- Images charts, tables & b/w illus
- Request Exam Copy
Written for advanced undergraduate students, this book is a practical, in-depth guide to plant virology. Beginning with an introduction to viruses and their classification, the text describes virus pathology, including how viruses enter and move through plant cells and induce disease. Subsequent chapters discuss how viruses spread in the field and how to measure this. Throughout, the book remains reader-friendly, using focus boxes for clear, easy-to-obtain information, enabling students to quickly access relevant introductory-level information but also supplying sufficient detail for advanced studies. In addition to basic information on virus biology there is an additional focus on applied virology, ideal for students undertaking agricultural studies for whom study of disease and its control is essential.
About the author
1) Welcome to Plant Viruses
2) Virus Structures and Names
3) Plant Virus Pathogenicity Cycles: Host Invasion and Disease Induction
4) Virus Transmission: Getting Around
5) Plant Virus Ecology and Epidemiology
6) Diagnosis and Detection Methods
7) Management of Virus Disease: Virus and Vectors
8) Management of Virus Disease: Host Resistance