Molecular Plant Breeding
13th March 2012
- ISBN 9781845939823
- Language English
- Pages 752 pp.
- Size 6.25" x 9.25"
- Request Exam Copy
Now available in paper, Molecular Plant Breeding provides an integrative overview of issues from basic theories to their applications to crop improvement. Chapters include discussions of breeding methodology, quantitative genetics, genomics and bioinformatics and present statistical issues related to gene mapping, marker-assisted selection and genotype by environment interactions in clear and concise language. Providing an integrated profile of molecular breeding in plants, this book will be an essential resource for researchers and students involved in plant biology and breeding, genetics and applied genomics.
"This book is a 'must have' for experienced plant breeders, molecular geneticists and biology students. Its 15 chapters start with a comprehensive introduction covering the scope of the book, providing a useful resource as a brief history and description of the major concepts in molecular breeding."Julie Graham - , Experimental Agriculture
"This book can be recommended as a source of information for the state-of-the art in molecular plant breeding. Researchers and students involved in plant breeding and genetics are the intended readership of this new encyclopedic handbook on molecular breeding. They will be well served by reading this book, which may become a standard reference for breeding new crops in the “omics” era."Rodomiro Ortiz - , Crop Science
2. Molecular Breeding Tools: Markers and Maps
3. Molecular Breeding Tools: Omics and Arrays
4. Populations in Genetics and Breeding
5. Plant Genetic Resources: Management, Evaluation and Enhancement
6. Molecular Dissection of Complex Traits: Theory
7. Molecular Dissection of Complex Traits: Practice
8. Marker-assisted Selection: Theory
9. Marker-assisted Selection: Practice
10. Genotype-by-environment Interaction
11. Isolation and Functional Analysis of Genes
12. Gene Transfer and Genetically Modified Plants
13. Intellectual Property Rights and Plant Variety Protection
14. Breeding Informatics
15. Decision Support Tools