Pest Management and Regulation
14th February 2013
- ISBN 9781845939779
- Language English
- Pages 200 pp.
- Size 6.875" x 9.75"
Biological controls that utilize natural predation, parasitism or other natural mechanisms, is an environmentally friendly alternative to chemical pesticides. Chemical pesticide methods are becoming less readily available due to increasing resistance problems and the prohibition of some substances. This book addresses the challenges of insufficient information and imperfectly understood regulatory processes in using biopesticides. It takes an interdisciplinary approach providing internationally comparative analyses on the registration of biopesticides and debates future biopesticide practices.
2) The Interdisciplinary Challenge
3) The Economics of Making the Switch in Technologies
4) Microbial Control Agents: The Broad Context
5) The Regulation of Biopesticides: An International Analysis
6) Policy Networks and Regulatory Innovation
7) Retail Governance
8) Conclusions: Pest Management: an Overview