8th May 2013
- ISBN 9781845937911
- Language English
- Pages 300 pp.
- Size 6.75" x 9.25"
- Images figures & color photos
Raspberry production and consumption is increasing steadily worldwide, and the potential health benefits of the fruit are becoming more widely known. Providing an international overview of the modern raspberry industry, this book covers North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. It discusses all aspects of raspberry growing, including plant growth and development, cultivar description and selection, site selection and preparation (including soil and drainage), climate, pest control, irrigation, shipping, economics, harvesting and the marketing of the final product. Taking a global perspective, this book provides a comprehensive yet concise reference for all horticulture students, raspberry growers, producers and fruit industry personnel looking for the latest information in raspberry production.
2. Growth and Development
3. Climatic Requirements
4. Site Selection
5. Cultivar Development and Selection
6. Nursery Production of Plants
8. Site Preparation, Soil Management and Planting
9. Soil and Water Management
10. Pruning and Training
11. Pest and Disease Management
12. Crop Production
13. Post Harvest Physiology and Storage of Raspberries
15. Raspberry Farm Management and Economics
16. World Raspberry Production and Marketing: Industry Changes from 1960-2010