Key Questions in Hydrology and Watershed Management
A Study and Revision Guide
29th September 2021
- ISBN 9781789249682
- Language English
- Pages 232 pp.
- Size 6" x 9"
- Request Exam Copy
This book provides a series of exercises of various types covering matters of hydrology and watershed management. The exercises include true/false questions, multiple choice questions, and numeric, graphical, and analytical exercises. The questions draw on the basic disciplines of hydrology and physics, with some stress placed on correct or appropriate units. The questions reflect the authors' many years of teaching watershed management at undergraduate and graduate levels.
1. Terminology and measurement of flow (and units)
2. Quantifying stream networks
3. Concepts of water balance and evapotranspiration
4. Slope recharge, groundwater hydrology, and water-table/phreatic aquifers
5. Single and paired watershed experiments
6. Impacts of fires on watersheds
7. Concepts and measurements of water quality
8. Flooding forests
9. Valuation of water
10. Protection of forest stream by buffers
11. Urban watershed concepts
The book is self-contained, and designed to be used at any time in any place, either for revision or as source material for teaching. The work is graded so that easier questions are presented early, followed by harder questions. Answers are concise but contain enough information to help students study and revise on a topic-by-topic basis. The book concludes with suggestions for student exercises and projects and is an invaluable resource for both students and instructors.