Practical Canine Behaviour Edition 2
For Veterinary Nurses and Technicians
25th October 2021
- ISBN 9781789246810
- Language English
- Pages 264 pp.
- Size 7" x 9"
- Images video clips, full color throughout
In this book Stephanie Hedges draws on more than 20 years as a practicing veterinary nurse and her training as a Certificated Clinical Animal Behaviorist (CCAB). She provides a quick reference and practical relevant canine behavior resource to meet both the specific needs of the veterinary nurse or technician and the needs of the wider general practice team.
The new edition has been completely revised and updated to include:
- New sections on canine emotions, the role of play, and how the canine senses affect a dog's perception of their world and their communication with others
- A discussion of the relevance and limitations of breed in our understanding of dog behavior
- Updated and expanded behavioral first aid advice including factors to consider when assessing risk
- A new chapter on the practice role in addressing fear of visiting the practice and veterinary interventions
- A focus on the emotional welfare of dogs throughout
Dog; Canine; Behaviour; Behavior; Veterinary nurse; Veterinary technician; Welfare; Kennel; Behaviour problem; Emotional state; Successful; Treatment; Dog grooming; Dog walking; Dog breeding; Biting; Human- animal bond; Problem; Puppy; Socialization; Mental health; Mental well-being; Referral