Principles and Applications for Developing Countries
4th December 2019
- ISBN 9781786395443
- Language English
- Pages 180 pp.
- Size 6" x 9"
- Images illus & b/w photos
Describing recent developments in the engineering and generation of plants as production platforms for biopharmaceuticals, this book includes both vaccines and monoclonal antibodies. It has a particular emphasis on targeting diseases which predominate in less developed countries, encompassing the current state of technologies and describing expression systems and applications. This book also includes a variety of vaccine case studies, protecting against pervasive infectious diseases such as rabies, influenza and HIV.
2. Protein Body-inducing Fusions for Recombinant Protein Production in Plants
3. Plant Cell Culture Expression Systems
4. Virus Expression Systems
5. Virus-like Particles
6. Glycol-engineering in Plants
7. Large Scale Production of Plant-made Therapeutic Protein
8. Patenting of Plant-made Vaccines and Access in the Developing World
9. Case Study 1: Plant-derived Vaccine against Cervical Cancer
10. Case study 2: Influenza Virus Vaccine
11. Case study 3: Plant-based GCD as Enzyme Replacement Therapy
12. Case study 4: Rabies
13. Case Study 5: HBV in Maize
14. Case Study 6: Plant-made HIV Vaccine
15. Case study 7: LT-B