Metabolomics and Systems Biology in Human Health and Medicine
2nd December 2019
- ISBN 9781786395429
- Language English
- Pages 206 pp.
- Size 6" x 9"
- Images figures & tables
The metabolomics and systems biology approach to research can be applied to many disciplines. This book provides a solid introduction to medical metabolomics and systems biology, and demonstrates how they have been applied to studies in medicine and human health, including nutrition and pathogenic microorganisms. Following core themes of diagnosis, pathology and aetiology of disease, this book provides a reference for health care professionals interested in how to use metabolomics for medical research.
1. An Introduction to Metabolomics and Systems Biology
2. Metabolomics in Neuroscience and Neurology
3. Cardiovascular Disease and Health
4. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
5. In Search of New Biomarkers for Liver Diseases
6. Influences Shaping Digestive Health Explored Using Metabolomics
7. Applications of Metabolomics in the Study of Pathogenic Microorganisms and Their Effects on Human Health
8. Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and the Metabolic Syndrome
9. Biomarkers of Skeletal Muscle Regulation, Metabolism, and Dysfunction
10. Applications of Metabolomics in Cancer Research