Principles of Cattle Production Edition 3
31st December 2018
- ISBN 9781786392718
- Language English
- Pages 272 pp.
- Size 7.5" x 9.625"
- Images color illus
- Request Exam Copy
Completely updated and revised, the new edition of Principles of Cattle Production continues to provide an introductory level text for all interested in beef and dairy cattle production systems. This edition presents a vision for a cattle industry that addresses the environment, the welfare of cattle and the provision of safe and high-quality food for an increasingly demanding world population.
The new edition:
- Is expanded to include more on animal welfare, sustainability and production systems in low and middle income countries, including smallholder production systems.
- Has undergone a thorough review of all the existing chapters with new content on breeding cattle and the future role of cattle.
- Contains quality color illustrations, so that key information can be found at a glance.
- Is beautifully written with many examples and pointers for further information.
- Tackles key issues of sustainability and the requirement for increased production.
Principles of Cattle Production, third edition, continues to provide a comprehensive yet concise overview for all undergraduate students of animal science, agriculture, veterinary medicine, animal welfare and industry personnel.
1: The Development of the World’s Cattle Production Systems
2: Today’s Cattle Production Systems
3: Growth and Milk Production
4: Nutrient Requirements and Metabolic Diseases
5: Feeding Methods
6: Grazing Management and Systems
7: Breeding and Reproduction
8: Housing, Handling and the Environment for Cattle
9: Health and Diseases
11: Cattle Production and the Environment
12: The Future Role and Practice of Cattle Farming