Reproductive Technologies in Farm Animals Edition 2
17th July 2017
- ISBN 9781780646039
- Language English
- Pages 350 pp.
- Size 7.5" x 9.625"
- Images figures & b/w photos
- Request Exam Copy
Building on the successful structure of the first edition, the second edition of Reproductive Technologies in Farm Animals has been revised to provide up-to-date accounts of the key techniques employed in manipulating reproduction in farm animals, including beef and dairy cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, buffaloes, camelids, horses, and poultry.
A classic introductory text to the subject, the book is based on a comprehensive review of the current literature. It:
* Outlines different agricultural systems and explores the ethical implications of modern farming methods
* Details the many new developments, including the commercial application of sexed semen and large-scale application of in vitro-produced cattle embryos
* Provides a valuable synopsis of current and future reproductive technologies, such as cloning and the production of transgenic animals.
This text remains key reading for students in animal science, agriculture, veterinary medicine, and biology and veterinary practitioners and farmers who wish to remain up to date regarding developments in techniques that may be useful in their daily practice.
2. Artificial Insemination
3. Embryo Transfer
4. In Vitro Produced Embryos
5. Detection and Control of Oestrus
6. Controlling Post-partum Ovarian Activity
7. Control of Seasonal Breeding
8. Controlling Multiple Births and Litter Size
9. Pregnancy Testing Technology
10. The Control of Parturition
11. Controlling the Onset of Puberty
12. Cloning Technology
13. Production of Transgenics
14. Suppressing Reproductive Activity