The Handbook of Microbial Bioresources
This book provides a detailed compendium of the methods, biotechnological routes and processes used to investigate microbial resources and their applications. It covers the fundamental and applied aspects of microorganisms in the health, industry, agriculture and environmental sectors, reviewing subjects such as pest control, health and industrial developments and animal feed. Essential reading for researchers in biotechnology, biopharmaceuticals and agriculture, this book provides valuable information and presents recent developments in areas as diverse as crop productivity, mycorrhizal fungi, enzymes and plant disease management.
“Edited by one of the most renowned experts in bioprocesses, [this book] is extremely opportune not just to meet a growing demand in the sector, but also for its comprehensiveness and indisputable competence.”Professor Helen Treichel - , Universidade Federal da Fronteira Sul, Brazil
1. Microbial resources for improved crop productivity
2. Role of microorganisms in sustainable agriculture and environmental health
3. Biology of Fusarium spp. causing wilt infections to subtropical crops.
4. The contributions of mycorrhizal fungi
5. Trichoderma: Biology and Biochemistry for Environmental friendly agriculture management
6. The role of Bacillus bacterium in formation of plant defence: Mechanism and reaction
7. Biofilm formation on plant surface by rhizobacteria: Impact on plant growth and ecological significance
8. Biofilmed biofertilizers application in agriculture and plantations
9. Microbial Nano-formulations: Exploring Potential for Coherent Nano-farming
10. Bacillus thuringiensis: A natural tool in the insect pest control
11. Microbial production of compounds with bioherbicide activity
12. Gibberella fujikuroi complex known for mycotoxins
13. Role of L. monocytogenes in human health: Disadvantages and Advantages.
14. Natural weapons from bacteria against cancer
15. Giardia and Giardiasis: An overview on recent developments
16. Powers of Bifidobacteria in health promotion and food industry
17. Probiotic and dental carries: A recent outlook on conventional Therapy
18. Recent trend in applications of probiotics and enzymes in animal feed
19. Microbial xylanases: Production, Industrial applications and challenges.
20. Microbial chitinase: Production and potential applications
21. Characteristics of microbial inulinases - physical and chemical bases of their activity regulation
22. Microbial cellulases and their applications in Pulp and paper industry: emerging paradigms
23. Botrytis cinerea and its application in wine production
24. Microbial resources for biopolymer production
25. Microbial cosmetics: Technological Developments
26. Pleurotus as an exclusive modular bio-tool
27. Fungi of the genus Pleurotus: Importance and applications
28. Industrial additives obtained through microbial biotechnology
29. Microbes as natural sources of antimicrobial compounds.
30. Yeast modification for high expression of recombinant protein
31. Actinomycetes in Biotechnology: Genomic advances and new horizons
32. Molecular Strategies for the discovery of new biomolecules with biotechnological applications of microbial community
33. Next generation sequencing for microbes
34. Molecular whole genome sequence typing of enterohemorrhagic E. coli of the O157:H7 serotype
35. Archaea, a useful group for energy unconventional production: Methane production from sugarcane secondary
distillation effluents using thermotolerant strains
36. Developments in biotechnological methods of microbial hydrogen sulfide oxidation
37. Useful microorganismos for environmental sustainability: Heavy metals tolerant consortia for surface water decontamination