Climate Change and Agricultural Water Management in Developing Countries
The book provides an analysis of impacts of climate change on water for agriculture, and the adaptation strategies in water management to deal with these impacts. Chapters include an assessment at global level, with details on impacts in various countries. Adaptation measures including groundwater management, water storage, small and large scale irrigation to support agriculture and aquaculture are presented. Agricultural implications of sea level rise, as a subsequent impact of climate change, are also examined.
1. Climate Change and Agricultural Development: A Challenge for Water Management, Chu Thai Hoanh, Robyn Johnston and Vladimir Smakhtin
2. Adaptation to Climate Change Impacts on Agriculture and Agricultural Water Management – A Review, Shreedhar Maskey, Dinesh Bhatt, Stefan Uhlenbrook, Krishna C. Prasad and Mukand S. Babel
3. Global Water Requirements of Future Agriculture: Using WATERSIM, Aditya Sood
4. Impacts of Climate Change on Crop Water Requirements in Huang-Huai-Hai Plain, China Qin Liu, Changrong Yan, Jianying Yang, Xu-rong Mei, Weiping Hao and Hui Ju
5. Impacts of Climate Change and Adaptation in Agricultural Water Management in North China, Jun Xia, Xingguo Mo, Jinxia Wang and Xinping Luo.
6. Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation in Agricultural Water Management in the Philippines, Felino P. Lansigan and Amparo C. Dela Cruz
7. Adaptation Strategies to Address the Climate Change Impacts in Three Major River Basins in India, Krishna Reddy Kakumanu, Kuppannan Palanisami, Pramod Kumar Aggarwal, Coimbatore Ramarao Ranganathan and Udaya Sekhar Nagothu
8. Water Management for Agricultural Production in a Coastal Province of the Mekong River Delta under Sea-level Rise, Ngo Dang Phong, Chu Th ai Hoanh, Tran Quang Th o, Nguyen van Ngoc, Tran Duc Dong, To Phuc Tuong, Nguyen Huy Khoi, Nguyen Xuan Hien and Nguyen Trung Nam
9. Aquaculture Adaptation to Climate Change in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta, Suan Pheng Kam, Tran Nhuong, Chu Th ai Hoanh and Nguyen Xuan Hien
10. Groundwater for Food Production and Livelihoods – The Nexus with Climate Change and Transboundary Water Management, Karen Villholth
11. Irrigated Crop Production in the Syr Darya Basin: Climate Change Rehearsal in the 1990s, Oxana Savoskul and Elena Shevnina
12. Mitigating Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Rice Production through Water-saving Techniques: Potential, Adoption and Empirical Evidence, Bjoern Ole Sander,Reiner Wassmann and Joel D.L.C. Siopongco
13. Linking Climate Change Discourse with Climate Change Policy in the Mekong: The Case of Lao PDR, Jana Prosinger, Diana Suhardiman and Mark Giordano