Theories and Applications
Understanding animal andrology is fundamental to optimizing genetic breeding traits in domestic and wild animals. This book provides extensive coverage of male reproductive biology, discussing the essentials of sperm production, harvest, and preservation before covering the applications to a range of animals including cattle, horses, pigs, small ruminants, camelids, cats and dogs, poultry, and exotic species. It also examines the laboratory procedures that provide the basis of general fertility research.
1) Semen and its Constituents.
2) Sperm Production and its Harvest.
3) Determinants of Sperm Morphology
4) Sperm Preparation for Fertilisation
5) Fundamental and Practical Aspects of Semen Cryopreservation
6) Evaluation of Semen in the Andrology Laboratory. (+appendix)
7) Genetic Aspects of Male Reproduction
Section II: Animal Andrology Applications
8) Applied Small Animal Andrology
9) Applied Andrology in Chickens and Turkeys
10) Applied Animal Andrology in Sheep, Goats and Selected Cervids
11) Applied Andrology in Horses
12) Applied Andrology in Cattle (Bos taurus)
13) Applied Andrology in Cattle (Bos indicus)
14) Applied Andrology in Water Buffalo
15) Applied Andrology in Swine
16) Applied Andrology in Camelids
17) Applied Andrology in Endangered, Exotic and Wildlife Species
18) Male Animal Contraception
19) Semen evaluation and handling: emerging techniques and future development