Green Biosynthesis of Nanoparticles
Mechanisms and Applications
8th January 2014
- ISBN 9781780642239
- Language English
- Pages 248 pp.
- Size 6.75" x 9.5"
- Images photos, figures & tables
There are physical and chemical methods of synthesis of nanomaterials. But due to the damage caused by these methods to the environment there is a pressing need of green nanotechnology, which is a clean and eco-friendly technology for the development of nanomaterials. The present book includes green synthesis of nanoparticles by algae, diatoms and plants. The mechanism behind the synthesis of nanoparticles will also be discussed.
The book willbe a valuable resource for students, researchers and teachers of biology, chemistry, chemical technology, nanotechnology, microbial technology and those who are interested in green nanotechnology.
1) Green technology for Nanoparticles on Biomedical Application—Kelvii Wei Guo
2) Multiple Strategic Approaches for Green Synthesis and Application of Silver and Gold Nanoparticles—Kevin John Pulikotil Anthony, Muralidharan Murugan, Muniyandi Jeyaraj, and Sangiliyandi Gurunathan
3) Role of Natural Products in Green Synthesis of Nanoparticles—Mumtaz Ali, Mohammad Arfan, Ahmad Reza Shahverdi
4) Biological Synthesis of Nanoparticles Using Algae—Hassan Korbekandi and Siavash Iravani
5) Synthesis of Metallic Nanoparticles by by Diatoms – Prospect and Applications—Gabriela Kratošová, Ivo Vávra, Katerina Horská, Ondrej Životský, Yvonne Nemcová, Markéta Bohunická, Jirí Slabotinský, Katerina Rosenbergová, Andrea Kadilak, Adam Schröfel
6) Green Synthesis of Silver and Gold Nanoparticles Using Plant Extracts—Zygmunt Sadowski
7) Rolls and Sandwiches: Cages and Barrels—Afolake Temitope Arowolo, Jacqueline van Marwijk, Aileen Boshoff and Chris Whiteley
8) Understanding the Involved Mechanisms in Plant Mediated Synthesis of Nanoparticles—Anal K. Jha and K. Prasad
9) Synthesis of Nanostructured Calcite Particles In Coccolithophores, Unicellular Algae—Lena-Maria Holtz, Gerald Langer Sebastian D. Rokitta Silke Thoms
10) Phytotoxic Effects of Metal Nanoparticles in Plants—Alka Yadav and Mahendra Rai
11) Biomineralization, Properties and Applications of Bacterial Magnetosomes—Christopher T. Lefèvre and Dennis A. Bazylinski
12) Interactions Between Plant-Produced Nanoparticles And Antibiotics As a Way of Coping
With Bacterial Resistance—Kateryna Kon and Mahendra Rai
13) Nanostructured particles from coccolithophores – an undiscovered resource for applications—Nikolay Krumov and Clemens Posten
14) Applications of Nanoparticles Synthesized by Yeasts:Green and Eco-friendly Method—Martín A. Fernández-Baldo, Elias Berni, Julio Raba, María I. Sanz, Nelson Durán