Seeds Edition 3
The Ecology of Regeneration in Plant Communities
6th February 2014
- ISBN 9781780641836
- Language English
- Pages 320 pp.
- Size 6.75" x 9.5"
The third edition of Seeds: The Ecology of Regeneration in Plant Communities highlights the many advances in the field of seed ecology and its relationship to plant community dynamics that have taken place in recent years. The new edition also features chapters on seed development and morphology, seed chemical ecology, implications of climate change on regeneration by seed, and the functional role of seed banks in agricultural and natural ecosystems.
Overview of Seed Development, Anatomy and Morphology
1. Fruits and Frugivory
2. The Ecology of Seed Dispersal
3. Seed Predators and Plant Population Dynamics
4. Light-Mediated Germination
5. The Chemical Environment in the Soil Seed Bank
6. Seed Dormancy
7. The Chemical Ecology of Seed Persistence in Soil Seed Banks
8. Effects of Climate Change on Regeneration by Seeds
9. Functional Role of the Soil Seed Bank in Agricultural Ecosystems
10. Functional Role of the Soil Bank in Natural Communities