Poplars and Willows
Trees for Society and the Environment
Poplars and willows form an important component of forestry and agricultural systems, providing a wide range of wood and non-wood products. This book synthesizes the latest research on poplars and willows in an accessible format, providing a practical worldwide overview and guide to their basic characteristics, cultivation and use, and issues, problems and trends. Prominence is given to environmental benefits and the importance of poplar and willow cultivation in meeting the needs of people and communities, sustainable livelihoods, land use and development.
Co-published with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO).
2. Poplars and Willows of the World, with Emphasis on Silviculturally Important Species
3. Ecology and Physiology of Poplars and Willows
4. The Domestication and Conservation of Populus and Salix Genetic Resources
5. Operational Poplar and Willow Culture
6. Environmental Applications of Poplars and Willows
7. Abiotic Stresses
8. Diseases of Poplars and Willows
9. Insect and Other Pests of Poplars and Willows
10. Properties, Processing and Utilization
11. Markets, Trends and Outlook
12. Poplars and Willows for Rural Livelihoods and Sustainable Development