Greenhouse Technology and Management Edition 2
15th February 2013
- ISBN 9781780641034
- Language English
- Pages 360 pp.
- Size 6.75" x 9.25"
- Images 234 illus, 32 color
Greenhouse cultivation has expanded in recent decades with increased demand for food production and newly developed technologies to improve processes. This book, which concentrates on plant production grown in plastic greenhouse conditions, covers growing techniques such as fertilization and plant protection and up-to-date technologies and management practices. It also takes an integrated approach to greenhouse production addressing issues such as economics, marketing and production strategies.
This is the English edition of the successful Spanish book published by Ediciones Mundi-Prensa, Madrid, and delivers content relevant to Spanish and worldwide production.
1. Protected Cultivation
2. The External Climate
3. The Greenhouse Climate
4. The Plastic Greenhouse
5. Greenhouse Heat Exchanges
6. Crop Physiology: Photosynthesis, Growth, Development and Productivity
7. Facilities: Climate Control Equipment, Low Temperature Management and Heating
8. Management in High Temperatures: Cooling
9. Air Movement in the Greenhouse: Carbon Dioxide and Light Management
10. The Root Medium: Soil and Substrates
11. Irrigation and Fertilisation
12. Regulation and Control Systems: Computer Climate Management and Mechanization
13. Plant Protection
14. Economic and Environmental Analysis
17. Greenhouse Production Strategies