Managing Water and Agroecosystems for Food Security
23rd September 2013
- ISBN 9781780640884
- Language English
- Pages 192 pp.
- Size 6.75" x 9.75"
Water protection, food production and ecosystem health are worldwide issues. Changes in the global water cycle are affecting human wellbeing in many places, while widespread land and ecosystem degradation, driven by poor agricultural practices, is seriously limiting food production. Understanding the links between ecosystems, water, and food production is important to the health of all three, and sustainably managing these connections is becoming increasingly necessary. This book shows how sustainable ecosystems, especially agroecosystems, are essential for water management and food production.
2. Drivers and Challenges for Food Security
3. Water-related Ecosystem Services and Food Security
4. Challenges to Agroecosystem Management
5. Water Use in Agroecosystems
8. Increasing Water Productivity in Agriculture
9. Managing Agroecosystem Services
10. Water Management for Ecosystem Health and Food Production
11. Management of Water and Agroecosystems in Landscapes for Sustainable Food Security