EXCELLENCE IN SCIENCE PUBLISHING
Flying, Walking, Swimming
Discover the exceptional and unusual migration journeys of all kinds of animals.
A reindeer treks a continent under unimaginable weather extremes. One tiny bird flies non-stop for nine days, while another flies from the North to South Pole (and back!) every year. A whale swims through the oceans of a hemisphere.
Animal Migrations: Flying, Walking, Swimming offers a fascinating insight into the what, where, why and how of these incredible journeys of survival. It explores the migrations of mammals, birds, insects, fish, reptiles, amphibians, crustaceans and aquatic microorganisms. Discover exceptional and unusual journeys, their effect on our world, and how we can help these migrating animals.
The remarkable adventures covered in Animal Migrations show strength, determination, inbuilt knowledge and the importance of community across global connections.
Reading level varies from child to child, but we recommend this book for ages 8 to 12.
- An engaging introduction for kids to animal migrations and how they play out around the globe.
- Exceptional and unusual animal migration journeys, by land, air and sea.
- Packed with fascinating facts, photos and fun illustrations.
- Shares the migration stories of a broad range of mammals, birds, insects, fish, reptiles, amphibians, crustaceans and aquatic microorganisms.
- Explores the threats migrating animals face, and the different ways we can help.
Mysteries of animal migrations
1: What is animal migration?
2: Walking migrations
3: Swimming migrations
4: Flying migrations
6: Rule breakers, riddles and research
7: Animal migrations, food chains and pollination
8: Animal migrations celebrated
9: Warnings and way forward
10: Helping hands
Further reading and resources