How to Survive on Mars
10th November 2022
- ISBN 9781486314669
- Language English
- Pages 120 pp.
- Size 8.46" x 9.84"
- Images 70 color photos, 3 b/w photos, 32 illus
Get ready for lift-off on a Martian adventure!
Have you ever imagined living on another planet? What about Mars? With not enough air to breathe, sunlight to keep us warm, or any available food and water, life on Mars is going to be a challenge... but it just might be possible!
Take a journey to the Red Planet in How to Survive on Mars. Discover natural wonders like ancient polar ice caps, the highest volcano in the solar system and a 45-kilometre-wide impact crater that was once a Martian lake.
Packed with stunning photographs, fun activities and quizzes, this book will show you what you need to do to survive on Mars! Join scientists, engineers, archaeologists, ethicists and science-fiction writers for a space exploration adventure.
Reading level varies from child to child, but we recommend this book for ages 8 to 12.
- Explores what humans would need to do and the challenges we'd need to overcome to live on Mars.
- Introduces kids to astronomy and space exploration in an engaging way.
- Includes fun activities and quizzes, as well as amazing photographs from Mars space missions.
- Features interviews with astrobiologists, geologists, engineers, archaeologists and sci-fi writers.
About the author
Mission briefing: How to use this book
1: The Red Planet
2: Rockets and space travel
3: Why go to Mars?
4: Wafer-thin air
5: Frozen planet
6: Dust devils and the power of the Sun
7: Cricket stir-fry and an algae smoothie
8: Chilling in the lava caves
9: Living sustainably and ethically on Mars
Test your knowledge: Are you a Martian expert?