Guide to Native Orchids of NSW and ACT
10th February 2022
- ISBN 9781486313686
- Language English
- Pages 456 pp.
- Size 5" x 8"
- Images 655 color photos, 579 maps
This comprehensive guide describes the 582 species of wild orchids that occur in NSW and the ACT. This region covers the richest area for wild orchids in Australia and includes over 500 species of seasonal ground orchids and 62 species of evergreen tree and rock orchids. Orchids found in this region include the tallest, heaviest, smallest flowered, most numerous flowered and most bizarre orchids in Australia, including elusive underground species.
Guide to Native Orchids of NSW and ACT describes each species, enabling their identification in the field, and includes over 600 photographs of wild orchids in their natural habitat and distribution maps for almost all species. Featuring orchids with a dazzling array of color and form, this is the essential guide for all orchid enthusiasts.
- Covers all of the wild orchids of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory (as of February 2021).
- Includes 65 species of distinctive but as yet undescribed orchids that occur in the region.
- Includes photographs of almost all species of wild orchids occurring in the region, including several species never illustrated before.
- Most comprehensive field guide for orchids of the region ever produced.
Diversity, biology and ecology
Index of scientific names
Index of common names