EXCELLENCE IN SCIENCE PUBLISHING
This is a story about trees and fungi connected through a "wood wide web" told by one tiny fungal spore.
A little fungus meets a baby cacao tree and they learn to feed each other. They cooperate with a forest of plants and a metropolis of microbes in the soil. But when drought strikes can they work together to survive?
The fourth book in the Small Friends Books series, this science-adventure story explores the Earth-shaping partnerships between plants, fungi and bacteria.
- A beautifully illustrated science-adventure story, created in collaboration with scientists
- Engages children in the invisible world of microbes
- "The Science Behind the Story" section allows for deeper exploration of the scientific concepts underpinning the story
- Teacher Notes available to support the use of this book in the classroom
- The Small Friends Books series combines cutting-edge scientific research, rich narrative and beautiful illustrations to tell stories that describe symbiotic partnerships between microbes and larger life forms.