EXCELLENCE IN SCIENCE PUBLISHING
Australian Rainforest Seeds
A Guide to Collecting, Processing and Propagation
Have you ever wondered how to grow your own rainforest trees? Is there a beautiful tree from which you have always wanted to collect and propagate the seed? Are you in the business of ecological restoration, rainforest propagation or environmental education?
This long-awaited guide to rainforest seed propagation unlocks the secrets to growing 300 rainforest species. Providing specific information on how to sustainably collect, process and germinate seeds, this user-friendly book supports a growing movement of rainforest restoration.
With invaluable information based on 30 years of research in northern New South Wales, users will find even difficult rainforest species delightfully easy to grow. Seeing a seed germinate, caring for the seedling and eventually planting the tree is deeply satisfying. And, in this time of widespread deforestation, millions of trees are needed for restoration and every tree counts. Whether you are growing one or one hundred thousand, why not start today?
- An A-Z guide with instructions for collecting, storing and propagating the seeds of 300 subtropical rainforest species
- 300 color photographs provided for easy fruit identification and seed collection
- Detailed techniques for preparing seeds for successful germination
- An easy-to-understand guide to fruit types and seed biology
- Propagation instructions to suit nurseries from the backyard to commercial
About the authors
About the photographer
2. Biology and ecology
7. A-Z species guide
Index of common names
Index of scientific names