The Weirdest, Smartest and Sneakiest Sea Creatures
Illustrated by Astred Hicks
24th September 2020
- ISBN 9781486311415
- Language English
- Pages 144 pp.
- Size 8" x 9"
- Images 94 color photos, 14 color illus
Dive into the incredible world of ocean animals!
Ocean animals are truly awesome. They come in every size, color and shape imaginable. They are also some of the weirdest, sneakiest and smartest animals on the planet!
This book focuses on the features and skills that make these creatures extra-incredible. You will discover animals that are masters of defense and others that use high speeds to eat or avoid being eaten. There are sea creatures that use their size as an advantage, both big and small, and others that are just really, really smart!
Whether you’re a fan of fish, a connoisseur of crustaceans, mad about molluscs or just love jellyfish, Ocean Animals has got you covered. You may even discover some fantastical creatures you never knew existed.
Full of fun facts, "sea-lebrity" species profiles and amazing pictures, you will also learn about issues threatening marine life and tips on how to help protect our amazing ocean environments.
- Reveals the unique features that enable marine animals to thrive in their habitats
- Inspires young readers to tackle the challenges of ocean pollution, biodiversity loss and climate change
- Presents key themes and concepts from the Australian curriculum, providing a fun resource for teaching
- Highly visual and engaging content, making learning easy and fun
1: Marvellous marine animals
2: Masters of defence
3: Oversized underwater
4: Fantastical creatures
5: The need for speed
7: Go with the flow
8: Deadly animals
10: Sea 'smarts'
11: Dive in and create waves of change!