Agriculture and International Trade
Law, Policy and the WTO
The World Trade Organization (WTO) Agreement on Agriculture has had a fundamental impact on agricultural policy worldwide. The new WTO agreements will cover agriculture, sanitary and phytosanitary measures, technical barriers to trade and trade in intellectual property rights. This book addresses the interface between the law of international agricultural trade, the emerging legal and economic order for agricultural trade under the auspices of the WTO, and its impact on agricultural policy reform both in the European Union and the USA.
* The WTO, International Trade and Agricultural Policy Reform
* The Uruguay Round Agreement on Agriculture and Domestic Support
* The Politics of Agricultural Trade
* Farm Subsidies and Agricultural Trade Policy: The Case of US Support Programs
* Multifunctionality and Non Trade Concerns
* Multifunctionality of Agriculture: A European Community Perspective
* TRIPS and the Protection of Intellectual Property in Biotechnology in the United States
* TRIPS, Biotechnology and the Public Domain: What Role Will World Trade Law Play?
* Regulating GM Products in the EU: Risk, Precaution and International Trade
* International Trade in Genetically Altered Agricultural Products - Impact of the Biosafety Protocol
* Environmental Policy and Reform of European Agriculture Law
* Reforming United States Environmental Regulations for Agriculture: Impediments and Opportunities