Immunization Safety Surveillance Edition 2
Guidelines for Immunization Programme Managers on Surveillance of Adverse Events Following Immunization
This second edition, which includes revised guidelines for managers of immunization programs, will assist managers in national regulatory authorities and immunization programs to establish/strengthen immunization safety surveillance system.
It provides guidelines for those responsible for vaccine safety and quality on the following:
* strategies and systems for ensuring quality and safety of vaccines
* new classification of AEFIs and the objectives of immunization safety/AEFIs surveillance
* understanding vaccine reactions for better decision-making
* AEFI surveillance systems: reporting, investigating, causality assessment and responding processes
* best use of surveillance data, and
* communication strategy on immunization safety for the public and the media.