Computerized Maintenance Management System
WHO and partners have been working towards devising an agenda, an action plan, tools and guidelines to increase access to appropriate medical devices. This document is part of a series of reference documents being developed for use at the country level. The series will include the following subject areas:
* policy framework for health technology
* medical device regulations
* health technology assessment
* health technology management
* needs assessment of medical devices
* medical device procurement
* medical equipment donations
* medical equipment inventory management
* medical equipment maintenance
* computerized maintenance management systems
* medical device data
* medical device nomenclature
* medical devices by health-care setting
* medical devices by clinical procedures
* medical device innovation, research and development.
These documents are intended for use by biomedical engineers, health managers, donors, nongovernmental organizations and academic institutions involved in health technology at the district, national, regional or global levels.
For organizations with the appropriate resources to implement this tool, CMMS can be very beneficial. It is a highly flexible tool that when properly implemented has the ability to transform the management of medical equipment while also improving the availability and functionality of the technology required to prevent, diagnose and treat illness.