RIVER PUBLISHERS IS AN INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHER THAT PUBLISHES RESEARCH MONOGRAPHS, PROFESSIONAL BOOKS, HANDBOOKS, EDITED VOLUMES AND JOURNALS WITH FOCUS ON KEY RESEARCH AREAS WITHIN THE FIELDS OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE (STM).
Practical LTE Based Security Forces PMR Networks
- ISBN 9788793609792
- Language English
- Pages 250 pp.
We have signed up with three aggregators who resell networkable e-book editions of our titles to academic libraries. These aggregators offer a variety of plans to libraries, such as simultaneous access by multiple library patrons, and access to portions of titles at a fraction of list price under what is commonly referred to as a “patron-driven demand” model.
These editions, priced at par with simultaneous hardcover editions of our titles, are not available direct from Stylus, but only from the following aggregators:
- Ebook Library, a service of Ebooks Corporation Ltd. of Australia
- ebrary, based in Palo Alto, a subsidiary of ProQuest
- EBSCO / netLibrary, Alabama
as well as through the following wholesalers: The Yankee Book Peddler subsidiary of Baker & Taylor, Inc.
- ISBN 9788793609785
- Language English
- Pages 250 pp.
Security forces PMR networks are moving from proprietary technologies for their "Mission Critical Push-To-Talk" basic service, and their data services--which must provide large bandwidth real-time access--to databases. LTE Based is adopted with backup access to public MNOs to complement their own radio coverage. Specific technologies such as multicasting of visio are required so the MCPTT works within a restricted bandwidth. The need to be able to change the main MNOs to provide resilient coverage requires specific choices of SIM cards, with OTAble security domains.
Practical LTE Based Security Forces PMR Networks assumes that the reader has a basic knowledge of the 4G network architecture and services, and the book focuses on the specific features and choices required to fulfill the need of security forces PMR networks. These include tactical and centralized, including LTE based voice services VoLTE and IMS. It can be used as a reference or textbook, with many detailed call flows and traces being included.
The author, who has a long teaching career in Operations Research, provides mathematical models for the optimization of tactical network federations, multicast coverage and allocation of preemptive priorities to PMR group members. He is a pioneer in the area of Virtual Roaming, an application of graph theory and telecommunications to provide roaming without direct relations, having previously published books on SMS Hubs, SS7 Hubs, Diameter Hubs, GTP Hubs. The use of M2M (monitoring devices) for security forces with mobility is covered in detail in the book, including the new LoRa virtual roaming which goes beyond the scope of PMR.
2. Federation of tactical networks, backup by the public MNOs coverage
3. Geo-localisation of PMR group members
4. Choice of the SIM card type for PMR or M2M and OTA servers
5. Group communication provisioning by OTA
6. Multicast MCPTT (Mission Critical Push-To-Talk)
7. Integration of IMS and VoLTE in PMR networks
8. Lawful Interception and PMR case
9. Diameter based M2M (LTE-M, NB-IOT) and LoRa
10. Standard 3GPP User Data Provisioning
11. Advanced Policy Control and Charging (PCC) with preemptive priorities
12. Detailed traces of the chapters
14. Abbreviations and Acronyms