RIVER PUBLISHERS IS AN INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHER THAT PUBLISHES RESEARCH MONOGRAPHS, PROFESSIONAL BOOKS, HANDBOOKS, EDITED VOLUMES AND JOURNALS WITH FOCUS ON KEY RESEARCH AREAS WITHIN THE FIELDS OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE (STM).
Enabling Technologies for the Internet of Things
Wireless Circuits, Systems and Networks
- ISBN 9788793609747
- Language English
- Pages 350 pp.
We have signed up with three aggregators who resell networkable e-book editions of our titles to academic libraries. These aggregators offer a variety of plans to libraries, such as simultaneous access by multiple library patrons, and access to portions of titles at a fraction of list price under what is commonly referred to as a “patron-driven demand” model.
These editions, priced at par with simultaneous hardcover editions of our titles, are not available direct from Stylus, but only from the following aggregators:
- Ebook Library, a service of Ebooks Corporation Ltd. of Australia
- ebrary, based in Palo Alto, a subsidiary of ProQuest
- EBSCO / netLibrary, Alabama
as well as through the following wholesalers: The Yankee Book Peddler subsidiary of Baker & Taylor, Inc.
- ISBN 9788793609730
- Language English
- Pages 350 pp.
Enabling Technologies for the Internet of Things: Wireless Circuits, Systems and Networks collects slides and notes from the lectures given in the 2017 Seasonal School Enabling Technologies for the Internet-of-Things, supported by IEEE CAS Society and by INTEL funding, and organized by Prof. Sergio Saponara and Prof. Giuliano Manara.
The book discusses new trends in Internet-of-Things (IoT) technologies, considering technological and training aspects, with special focus on electronic and electromagnetic circuits and systems. IoT involves research and design activities both in analog and in digital circuit/signal domains, including focus on sensors interfacing and conditioning, energy harvesting, low-power signal processing, wireless connectivity and networking, functional safety (FuSa). FuSa is one of the emerging key issues in IoT applications in safety critical domains like industry 4.0, autonomous and connected vehicles and e-health.
Our world is becoming more and more interconnected. Currently it is estimated that two hundred billion smart objects will be part of the IoT by 2020. This new scenario will pave the way to innovative business models and will bring new experiences in everyday life. The challenge is offering products, services and comprehensive solutions for the IoT, from technology to intelligent and connected objects and devices to connectivity and data centers, enhancing smart homes, smart factories, autonomous driving cars and much more, while at the same time ensuring the highest safety standards. In safety-critical contexts, where a fault could jeopardize the human life, safety becomes a key aspect.
1. Wireless Power Transfer for RFID Systems
2. Computational Electromagnetics and Electromagnetic Compatibility for the Internet of Things
3. Integrated Circuits and Systems for mm-wave/RF Wireless Transceivers in IoT Applications (Communications)
4. ICs and VLSI Architectures for mm-wave/RF Wireless Transceivers in IoT Applications (Remote Sensing)
5. Chipless RFID for Identification and Sensing
6. Near-Field Focused Antennas for Short-Range Identification and Communication Systems
7. Ultra-low-power Devices, and Application of New Materials to mm-wave Antennas and Circuits
8. A Functionally Safe SW Defined Autonomous and Connected IoT