RIVER PUBLISHERS IS AN INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHER THAT PUBLISHES RESEARCH MONOGRAPHS, PROFESSIONAL BOOKS, HANDBOOKS, EDITED VOLUMES AND JOURNALS WITH FOCUS ON KEY RESEARCH AREAS WITHIN THE FIELDS OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE (STM).
Decision Making Mechanisms and Applications
30th November 2017
- ISBN 9788793609099
- Language English
- Pages 280 pp.
- Size 6.125" x 9.5"
We have signed up with three aggregators who resell networkable e-book editions of our titles to academic libraries. These aggregators offer a variety of plans to libraries, such as simultaneous access by multiple library patrons, and access to portions of titles at a fraction of list price under what is commonly referred to as a “patron-driven demand” model.
These editions, priced at par with simultaneous hardcover editions of our titles, are not available direct from Stylus, but only from the following aggregators:
- Ebook Library, a service of Ebooks Corporation Ltd. of Australia
- ebrary, based in Palo Alto, a subsidiary of ProQuest
- EBSCO / netLibrary, Alabama
as well as through the following wholesalers: The Yankee Book Peddler subsidiary of Baker & Taylor, Inc.
31st August 2017
- ISBN 9788793609082
- Language English
- Pages 280 pp.
As systems continue to evolve they rely less on human decision-making and more on computational intelligence. In conjunction with the available technologies, this trend for providing advanced sensing, measurement, process control, and communication leads towards the new field of the CyberPhysical System (CPS). CyberPhysical systems are expected to play a major role in the design and development of future engineering platforms with new capabilities that far exceed today’s levels of autonomy, functionality and usability. Although these systems exhibit remarkable characteristics, their design and implementation is a challenging issue, as numerous (heterogeneous) components and services have to be appropriately modeled and simulated together. The problem of designing efficient CPS becomes far more challenging in case the target system has to meet also real-time constraints.
CyberPhysical Systems: Decision Making Mechanisms and Applications describes essential theory, recent research and large-scale user cases that addresses urgent challenges in CPS architectures. In particular, it includes chapters on:
• Decision making for large scale CPS
• Modeling of CPS with emphasis at the control mechanisms
• Hardware/software implementation of the control mechanisms
• Fault-tolerant and reliability issues for the control mechanisms
• CyberPhysical user-cases that incorporate challenging decision making
Topics include: Decision making, Large-Scale systems, System-of-Systems (SoS), CyberPhysical Systems (CPS), Modelling and Analysis of complex systems, Fault-Tolerance, Examples, User-cases for control in CPS.
1. An Overview of Emerging Systems-Related Concepts, Approaches and Technologies Unifying and Advancing S\&T Achievements of the Past Decades (e.g. CPS, IoT, I2oT, SoS/E, 5G and cross-cutting Decision Making)
2. On designing decision-making mechanisms for CyberPhysical Systems
3. Design Space Exploration Methodology based on Decision trees for CyberPhysical Systems
4. PReDiCt: A Scenario-based Methodology for Realizing Decision-making mechanisms targeting Cyberphysical systems
5. Studying Fault Tolerance Aspects
6. A framework for research and prototyping in robotics - from ideas to software and hardware development
7. Modeling control mechanisms in MATLAB
8. Overview of R&D Projects and Support Actions in Relevant Topics