RIVER PUBLISHERS IS AN INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHER THAT PUBLISHES RESEARCH MONOGRAPHS, PROFESSIONAL BOOKS, HANDBOOKS, EDITED VOLUMES AND JOURNALS WITH FOCUS ON KEY RESEARCH AREAS WITHIN THE FIELDS OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE (STM).
Photonic Interconnects for Computing Systems
Understanding and Pushing Design Challenges
14th July 2017
- ISBN 9788793519800
- Language English
- Pages 362 pp.
- Size 6.125" x 9.5"
We have signed up with three aggregators who resell networkable e-book editions of our titles to academic libraries. These aggregators offer a variety of plans to libraries, such as simultaneous access by multiple library patrons, and access to portions of titles at a fraction of list price under what is commonly referred to as a “patron-driven demand” model.
These editions, priced at par with simultaneous hardcover editions of our titles, are not available direct from Stylus, but only from the following aggregators:
- Ebook Library, a service of Ebooks Corporation Ltd. of Australia
- ebrary, based in Palo Alto, a subsidiary of ProQuest
- EBSCO / netLibrary, Alabama
as well as through the following wholesalers: The Yankee Book Peddler subsidiary of Baker & Taylor, Inc.
30th June 2017
- ISBN 9788793519794
- Language English
- Pages 362 pp.
In recent years, there has been a considerable amount of effort in both industry and academia that focuses on the design, implementation, performance analysis, evaluation, and prediction of silicon photonic interconnects for inter- and intra-chip communication, paving a way for the next and future generation of high-performance computing systems’ design and dimensioning. Photonic Interconnects for Computing Systems provides a comprehensive overview of the current state-of-the-art technology and research achievements in employing silicon photonics for interconnection networks and high-performance computing, summarizing main opportunities and some challenges. The majority of the chapters were collected from presentations made at the International Workshop on Optical/Photonic Interconnects for Computing Systems (OPTICS) held over the past two years. The workshop invites internationally recognized speakers on the range of topics relevant to silicon photonics and computing systems.
Technical topics discussed in the book include:
- Design and Implementation of Chip-Scale Photonic Interconnects
- Developing Design Automation Solutions for Chip-Scale Photonic Interconnects
- Design Space Exploration in Chip-Scale Photonic Interconnects
- Thermal Analysis and Modeling in Photonic Interconnects
- Design for Reliability
- Fabrication Non-Uniformity in Photonic Interconnects
Photonic Interconnects for Computing Systems presents a compilation of outstanding contributions from leading research groups in the field. It presents a comprehensive overview of the design, advantages, challenges, and requirements of photonic interconnects for computing systems. The selected contributions present important discussions and approaches related to the design and development of novel photonic interconnect architectures as well as various design solutions to improve the performance of such systems while considering different challenges. The book is ideal for personnel in computer/photonic industries as well as academic staff and master/graduate students in computer science and engineering, electronic engineering, electrical engineering, and photonics.
1. Design, Application, and Implementation of Photonic Interconnects
2. Developing Design Automation Solutions and Enabling Design Exploration in Photonic Interconnects
3. Challenges, Performance Analysis, and Design Solutions in Photonic Interconnects
4. On the Impact of Fabrication Non-Uniformity in Photonic Interconnects