RIVER PUBLISHERS IS AN INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHER THAT PUBLISHES RESEARCH MONOGRAPHS, PROFESSIONAL BOOKS, HANDBOOKS, EDITED VOLUMES AND JOURNALS WITH FOCUS ON KEY RESEARCH AREAS WITHIN THE FIELDS OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE (STM).
Certifications of Critical Systems – The CECRIS Experience
28th September 2017
- ISBN 9788793519565
- Language English
- Pages 250 pp.
We have signed up with three aggregators who resell networkable e-book editions of our titles to academic libraries. These aggregators offer a variety of plans to libraries, such as simultaneous access by multiple library patrons, and access to portions of titles at a fraction of list price under what is commonly referred to as a “patron-driven demand” model.
These editions, priced at par with simultaneous hardcover editions of our titles, are not available direct from Stylus, but only from the following aggregators:
- Ebook Library, a service of Ebooks Corporation Ltd. of Australia
- ebrary, based in Palo Alto, a subsidiary of ProQuest
- EBSCO / netLibrary, Alabama
as well as through the following wholesalers: The Yankee Book Peddler subsidiary of Baker & Taylor, Inc.
31st August 2017
- ISBN 9788793519558
- Language English
- Pages 250 pp.
In recent years, a considerable amount of effort has been devoted, both in industry and academia, to the development, validation, and verification of critical systems, i.e. those systems whose malfunctions or failures reach a critical level both in terms of risks to human life as well as having a large economic impact.
Certifications of Critical Systems – The CECRIS Experience documents the main insights on Cost Effective Verification and Validation processes that were gained during work in the European Research Project CECRIS (Certification of Critical Systems). The objective of the research was to tackle the challenges of certification by focusing on those aspects that turn out to be more difficult/important for current and future critical systems industry: the effective use of methodologies, processes, and tools.
Starting from both the scientific and industrial state of the art methodologies for system development and the impact of their usage on the verification and validation and certification of critical systems, the project aimed at developing strategies and techniques supported by automatic or semi-automatic tools and methods for these activities, setting guidelines to support engineers during the planning of the verification and validation phases.
Topics covered include: Safety Assessment, Reliability Analysis, Critical Systems and Applications, Functional Safety, Dependability Validation, Dependable Software Systems, Embedded Systems, and System Certification.
1. A framework to identify companies' gaps when introducing new standards for safety-critical software
2. Experiencing Model-Driven Engineering for Railway Interlocking Systems
3. SYSML-UML like modelling environment based on Google Blockly customization
4. A process for finding and tackling the main root causes that affect critical systems quality
5. Framework for automation of hazard log management on large critical projects
6. Cost Estimation for Independent Systems Verification and Validation
7. Lightweight formal analysis of requirements
8. STECA – Security Threats, Effects and Criticality Analysis: Definition and Application to Smart Grids
9. Composable Framework Support for Software-FMEA through Model Execution
10. A monitoring and testing framework for critical off-the-shelf applications and services
11. Validating a safety critical railway application using fault injection
12. Robustness and Fault Injection for the Validation of Critical Systems