RIVER PUBLISHERS IS AN INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHER THAT PUBLISHES RESEARCH MONOGRAPHS, PROFESSIONAL BOOKS, HANDBOOKS, EDITED VOLUMES AND JOURNALS WITH FOCUS ON KEY RESEARCH AREAS WITHIN THE FIELDS OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE (STM).
Bringing Forth Prosperity - Capacity Innovation in Africa
9th May 2017
- ISBN 9788793519299
- Language English
- Pages 235 pp.
- Size 6.125" x 9.5"
We have signed up with three aggregators who resell networkable e-book editions of our titles to academic libraries. These aggregators offer a variety of plans to libraries, such as simultaneous access by multiple library patrons, and access to portions of titles at a fraction of list price under what is commonly referred to as a “patron-driven demand” model.
These editions, priced at par with simultaneous hardcover editions of our titles, are not available direct from Stylus, but only from the following aggregators:
- Ebook Library, a service of Ebooks Corporation Ltd. of Australia
- ebrary, based in Palo Alto, a subsidiary of ProQuest
- EBSCO / netLibrary, Alabama
as well as through the following wholesalers: The Yankee Book Peddler subsidiary of Baker & Taylor, Inc.
31st March 2017
- ISBN 9788793519282
- Language English
- Pages 235 pp.
Capacity innovation is the key to Africa's transformation— with the appropriate catalysts— and innovation and transformation are but a matter of time in gestation. The first of two major catalysts necessary to prompting this change came at the adoption of the New Partnership for Africa's Development. It is one of the most profound collaborations of African Heads of State. The second catalyst is proposed in this work in the form of the multinational corporation as change agent for the innovation process working in alliance with NEPAD as Africa's spokesperson for innovation. The policy framework for African capacity innovation is the material product along with discourse for redress of corruption and security policy narrative for protecting the assets of multinational corporations.
Bringing Forth Prosperity - Capacity Innovation in Africa:
* Questions capital theory as a development construct and an appropriate platform upon which sustained capacity innovation in Africa may emerge;
* Explores Africa's road to modernity in the context of selected development constructs and assesses capacity innovation from a top down-bottom up perspective purposely to serve as backdrop to the Africa-MNC strategic alliance framework;
* Constructs country capacity ID to identify internal resources available to African countries to support capacity innovation;
* Conceptualizes the Africa-MNC strategic alliance to convey a capacity innovation philosophy;
* Articulates an African capacity innovation policy framework to guide the Alliance through a series of actions designed to prompt innovation activity and set the continent on a course to sustained transformation;
* Articulates a scheme to protect assets -human and physical- derived through the Africa-MNC strategic alliance.
2. Capital Theory and Development: Has Africa been Overlooked?
3. Towards an Analytical Policy Framework for Assessing Capacity Innovation: A Standalone African Perspective
4. Top Down - Bottom Up Capacity Innovation
5. The Country Capacity ID
6. Africa-MNC Strategic Alliance
7. Path to Capacity Innovation: An Africa-MNC Strategic Alliance
8. African Continental Security Apparatus: Accommodating FDI