RIVER PUBLISHERS IS AN INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHER THAT PUBLISHES RESEARCH MONOGRAPHS, PROFESSIONAL BOOKS, HANDBOOKS, EDITED VOLUMES AND JOURNALS WITH FOCUS ON KEY RESEARCH AREAS WITHIN THE FIELDS OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE (STM).
Neuro-Rehabilitation with Brain Interface
In recent years, major results were reported on Brain-Computer Interface / Brain-Machine Interface (BCI/BMI) applied to rehabilitation in scientific reports and papers. This subject received much attention within the Society on Communication, Navigation, Sensing and Services (CONASENSE) from 2013 to 2015. Describing the state-of-the-art on various BCI/BMI activities related to neuro-rehabilitation is the central theme of this book.
Neuro-Rehabilitation with Brain Interface elucidates the latest insights coming from neurophysiologists, neuropsychologists, ICT experts specialized in clinical data management, and representatives of patient organizations, and it introduces new ways to apply BCI/BMI to rehabilitation using advanced ICT. The book describes the latest progress and is an appeal for an approach leading to more cost-saving, multi-disciplinary neuro-rehabilitation.
This book covers the following topics:
• Overview on BCI/BMI applied to rehabilitation
• ICT for Neuro-rehabilitation
• ICT for new generation prostheses
• Gaze tracking, facial orientation determination, and face and emotion recognition in 3D space for neuro-rehabilitation applications
• Integrated perspective for future wide spread integration of motor neuro-rehabilitation
• Ethical issues in the use of Information and Communication Technologies in the health care of patients with neurological disorders