RIVER PUBLISHERS IS AN INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHER THAT PUBLISHES RESEARCH MONOGRAPHS, PROFESSIONAL BOOKS, HANDBOOKS, EDITED VOLUMES AND JOURNALS WITH FOCUS ON KEY RESEARCH AREAS WITHIN THE FIELDS OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE (STM).
The African Mobile Story
During the past decade, Africa— and especially Sub-Saharan Africa— has witnessed one of the fastest growing markets in mobile communication. This growth is understood to have played a pivotal role in Africa’s socio-economic development. It has had a huge impact on residential living patterns, on business networks and models, and on government services and income sources. The mobile industry has contributed more to economic growth than in any other comparable region globally introducing innovative, broadly-used applications.
Technical topics discussed in The African Mobile Story include:
• Mobile Development in Sub-Saharan Africa
• Telecom Liberalization in Africa
• Role of Mobile in Socio-economic Development
• Mobile Applications in specific sectors
• Security in African Mobile
• Role of Prepaid in Africa