RIVER PUBLISHERS IS AN INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHER THAT PUBLISHES RESEARCH MONOGRAPHS, PROFESSIONAL BOOKS, HANDBOOKS, EDITED VOLUMES AND JOURNALS WITH FOCUS ON KEY RESEARCH AREAS WITHIN THE FIELDS OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE (STM).
River Publishers Series in Communications Series
Future Internet Services and Service Architectures
Future Internet Services and Service Architectures presents state-of-the-art results in services and service architectures based on designs for the future Internet and related emerging networks, describing important trends and directions. The discussions in this book include technology issues, key services, business models, and security.
Future Internet Services and Service Architectures is intended to provide readers with a comprehensive reference for the most current developments in the field. It organizes 20 chapters, covering both technology and applications written by international experts, into the following five sections:
• Future Internet Services -- This section contains four chapters presenting recent proposals for a new architecture for the Internet with service delivery in the Future Internet as the key focus.
• Peer-to-Peer Services -- Using the P2P network overlay as a service platform, these five chapters explore the P2P architecture and its use for streaming services, communication services, and service discovery.
• Virtualization -- Virtualization and its benefits for resource management, supporting hetereogeneity, and isolation are the basis for five chapters which describe virtualization at the endpoint, in the cloud, and in the network.
• Event-Distribution -- Publish/Subscribe mechanisms are important for applications that require time-sensitive delivery of notifications. The two chapters in this section present recent developments in publish/subscribe load balancing and in sensor networks.
• VANETs - Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETs) are a network technology designed for vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure connectivity for moving vehicles. This section’s four chapters provide an introduction to VANETs, routing, services, and system architecture.
Future Internet Services and Service Architectures is complemented by a separate volume, Advances in Next Generation Services and Service Architectures, which covers emerging services and service architectures, IPTV, context awareness, and security.