RIVER PUBLISHERS IS AN INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHER THAT PUBLISHES RESEARCH MONOGRAPHS, PROFESSIONAL BOOKS, HANDBOOKS, EDITED VOLUMES AND JOURNALS WITH FOCUS ON KEY RESEARCH AREAS WITHIN THE FIELDS OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE (STM).
River Publishers Series in Standardisation Series Read Description
Future Trends and Challenges for ICT Standardization
Edited by Ramjee Prasad, PhD
Future Trends and Challenges for ICT Standardization identifies the importance of ICT standardization for strengthening the Indian industrial and business sector through Global ICT Standardization Forum for India (GISFI-www.gisfi.org). It outlines the major challenges and trends in the ICT development worldwide while mapping the Indian efforts on the background of the overall progress.
The technological areas covered are:
• the need, importance, and management of radio spectrum,
• the development of future radio access technologies,
• the convergence of telecommunications and broadcasting,
• the possibilities and challenges brought by the Internet of Things (IoT),
• the environment sustainability through the use of Green ICT
The motivation behind this book is to provide a more informed context to ensure sustainable scientific and economic growth. It puts forward the best research roadmaps, strategies, and challenges contributed by engineers from the industry, academia, and government, and it addresses the benefits to the entire society resulting from standardization.