RIVER PUBLISHERS IS AN INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHER THAT PUBLISHES RESEARCH MONOGRAPHS, PROFESSIONAL BOOKS, HANDBOOKS, EDITED VOLUMES AND JOURNALS WITH FOCUS ON KEY RESEARCH AREAS WITHIN THE FIELDS OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE (STM).
Biomedical and Environmental Sensing
At a time when the applications of sensors are in high demand and environmental issues are international priorities, this book on biomedical and environmental sensing provides the technical basis for researchers and students to understand the requirements for biomedical computing and environmental sensing and to develop solutions in their areas of interests. It deals with key techniques that students and researchers need to understand and provides examples of how to apply the techniques.
Biomedical and environmental sensing are helping to extend the life span of human beings and infrastructures as it has become more and more sensible to understanding what is happening inside a person, an aircraft, a road network, or a bridge and to provide quick response. Several chapters of the book deal with the state-of-the-art biomedical decision support systems in therapeutic medicine. A data driven decision support system and a prototype support system for anaesthetics are major enablers for doctors and nurses to provide an efficient and timely response not only to diagnose ailments but also to decide on the preferred approach for solving the problems.
The analyses in the chapters are coherently detailed and easy to comprehend. Classification of chromosomes is a major aid in DNA analysis and recognition, and the book provides valuable insight into this DNA analysis method. Information on heart diseases, onset of heart attacks, and failure can be detected through reconstructing electrophysiological information about the surface of the heart. This book describes a reconstruction method and provides strong foundation for research and training in this life determining area. The remaining chapters cover sensing of driver conditions including fatigue peeks into tools and methodologies for understanding both the onset of fatigue and its forms for prevention of accidents in vehicles. The rest of the book gives techniques for planning biomedical and environmental sensor networks and their security.
Biomedical and Environmental Sensing will no doubt greatly serve the needs of health professionals, researchers in the health and environmental industry, and policy makers.
• Data Driven Therapy Decision Support System
• A Prototype Decision Support System for Anesthetists
• Development and Testing of a Low Cost, Minimally Invasive Radiofrequency Thermal Probe For Hyperthermia Therapy
• Comparative Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging With Functional Brain Imaging Modalities
• Design of a Neural Network Classifier for Separation of Images With Chromosomes
• De-Noising of Body Surface Potential Signals
• Single Channel Wireless EEG: Proposed Application in Train Drivers
• Algorithm of Remote Monitoring ECG using Mobile Phone: Conception and Implementation
• Statistical Validation of Physiological Indicators for Non-invasive and Hybrid Driver Drowsiness Detection System
• Security and Privacy of Wireless Sensor Networks for Biomedical
• Key Establishment Scheme for Clustered Distributed Sensor Networks
• Planning and Addressing of Wireless Sensor Networks
• Sensor Scheduling and Redeployment Mechanisms in Wireless Sensor Networks
• On the combination of logistic regression and local probability estimates
• Stochastic Deterioration Processes for Bridge Lifetime Assessment