RIVER PUBLISHERS IS AN INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHER THAT PUBLISHES RESEARCH MONOGRAPHS, PROFESSIONAL BOOKS, HANDBOOKS, EDITED VOLUMES AND JOURNALS WITH FOCUS ON KEY RESEARCH AREAS WITHIN THE FIELDS OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE (STM).
Challenges in Cybersecurity and Privacy
The European Research Landscape
31st December 2019
- ISBN 9788770220880
- Language English
- Pages 250 pp.
- Size 6" x 9"
We have signed up with three aggregators who resell networkable e-book editions of our titles to academic libraries. These aggregators offer a variety of plans to libraries, such as simultaneous access by multiple library patrons, and access to portions of titles at a fraction of list price under what is commonly referred to as a “patron-driven demand” model.
These editions, priced at par with simultaneous hardcover editions of our titles, are not available direct from Stylus, but only from the following aggregators:
- Ebook Library, a service of Ebooks Corporation Ltd. of Australia
- ebrary, based in Palo Alto, a subsidiary of ProQuest
- EBSCO / netLibrary, Alabama
as well as through the following wholesalers: The Yankee Book Peddler subsidiary of Baker & Taylor, Inc.
- ISBN 9788770220873
- Language English
- Pages 250 pp.
- Size 6" x 9"
Cybersecurity and Privacy issues are becoming an important barrier for a trusted and dependable global digital society development. Cyber-criminals are continuously shifting their cyber-attacks especially against cyber-physical systems and IoT, since they present additional vulnerabilities due to their constrained capabilities, their unattended nature and the usage of potential untrustworthiness components. Likewise, identity-theft, fraud, personal data leakages, and other related cyber-crimes are continuously evolving, causing important damages and privacy problems for European citizens in both virtual and physical scenarios.
In this context, new holistic approaches, methodologies, techniques and tools are needed both to cope with those issues, and to mitigate cyberattacks, by employing novel cyber-situational awareness frameworks, risk analysis and modeling, threat intelligent systems, cyber-threat information sharing methods, advanced big-data analysis techniques as well as exploiting the benefits from latest technologies such as SDN/NFV and Cloud systems. In addition, novel privacy-preserving techniques, and crypto-privacy mechanisms, identity and eID management systems, trust services, and recommendations are needed to protect citizens’ privacy while keeping usability levels.
The European Commission is addressing the
challenge through different means, including the Horizon 2020 Research and
Innovation program, thereby financing innovative projects that can cope with
the increasing cyberthreat landscape. This book introduces several cybersecurity
and privacy research challenges and how they are being addressed in the scope
of 15 European research projects.
Each chapter is dedicated to a different funded European Research project, which aims to cope with digital security and privacy aspects, risks, threats and cybersecurity issues from a different perspective. Each chapter includes the project’s overviews and objectives, the particular challenges they are covering, research achievements on security and privacy, as well as the techniques, outcomes, and evaluations accomplished in the scope of the EU project.
The book is the result of a collaborative effort among relative ongoing European Research projects in the field of privacy and security as well as related cybersecurity fields, and it is intended to explain how these projects meet the main cybersecurity and privacy challenges faced in Europe. Namely, the EU projects analyzed in the book are: ANASTACIA, SAINT, YAKSHA, FORTIKA, CYBECO, SISSDEN, CIPSEC, CS-AWARE. RED-Alert, Truessec.eu. ARIES, LIGHTest, CREDENTIAL, FutureTrust, LEPS).
Challenges in Cybersecurity and Privacy - The European Research Landscape is ideal for personnel in computer/communication industries as well as academic staff and masters/research students in computer science and communications networks interested in learning about cyber-security and privacy aspects.
1. Introducing the European Research Landscape on Cybersecurity and Privacy
2. Key Innovations in ANASTACIA: Advanced Networked Agents for Security and Trust Assessment in CPS / IOT Architectures
3. Statistical analysis and economic models for enhancing cyber-security in SAINT
4. The YAKSHA project
5. The FORTIKA edge solution for Automating SMEs Security
6. CYBECO: Supporting cyber-insurance from a behavioural choice perspective
7. Cyber Threat Intelligence from European-wide sensor network in SISSDEN
8. CIPSEC- Enhancing Critical Infrastructure Protection with innovative SECurity framework
9. A cybersecurity situational awareness and information sharing solution for local public administrations based on advanced big data analysis: The CS-AWARE project
10. Complex project to develop real tools for fighting counter terrorism: Real-time Early Detection and Alert System for Online Terrorist Content based on Natural Language Processing, Social Network Analysis, Artificial Intelligence and Complex Event
11. TRUESSEC: Trustworthiness Label Recommendations
12. An overview on ARIES: Reliable European Identity Ecosystem
13. The LIGHTest Project: Overview, Reference Architecture and Trust Scheme Publication Authority
14. Secure and Privacy-Preserving Identity and Access Management in CREDENTIAL
15. FutureTrust – Future Trust Services for Trustworthy Global Transactions
16. LEPS. Leveraging eID in the Private Sector
attack detection and analysis
cyber threat intelligence
security, privacy, cybersecurity awareness