Short Film Distribution
Film Festivals, the Internet, and Self-Promotion
E-books are now distributed via RedShelf or VitalSource
You will choose the vendor in the cart as part of the check out process. These vendors offer a more seamless way to access the ebook, and add some great new features including text-to-voice. You own your ebook for life, it is simply hosted on the vendors website, working much like Kindle and Nook. Click here to see more detailed information on this process.
Mercury Learning and Information
15th July 2011
- ISBN 9781936420759
- Language English
- Pages 350 pp.
- Size 7" x 9"
Designed for aspiring filmmakers or for a course in short film distribution, this book teaches the fundamentals of promoting and distributing short films and videos. Chapters cover the elements of utilizing social networking to self-promote, entering film festivals, negotiating with broadcast distributors, understanding the various outlets, and distributing alternative work such as Webisodes, demo reels, music videos, and commercials. Readers will follow a five-step distribution plan to maximize the potential of their projects and advance their careers as directors, cinematographers, or editors. The book includes a companion DVD with important contracts, forms, memos, top festivals, and short film buyers. Solutions to exercises and PowerPoint slides are available to instructors.
1) What is Distribution?
2) What Types of Projects Can Be Distributed?
3) Distribution Plans and Models
5) Promoting Your Film and Yourself
6) Promoting in the Real World and on the Internet
7) Preparing for the Festival
8) At the Festival
9) Preparing for the Sale: the Language of a Contract
10) Broadcast Distribution
11) Non-Broadcast Distribution
12) DIY Distribution on the Internet
13) Distributing Alternative Content
14) Distributing Your Demo Reel
15) The End of One Cycle, the Beginning of Another