PUBLISHERS AND DISTRIBUTORS OF PROFESSIONAL BOOKS AND JOURNALS
Remaking the Curriculum
Re-Engaging Young People in Secondary School
This book describes a British model of innovative creative teaching and curriculum change that successfully engaged the students in creative learning and earned the secondary schools involved the Creative Partnerships award of Schools of Creativity status. It is based on an independent two-year research study in the two schools. It describes:
* the cross-curricular thematic projects
* the drama-based pedagogy on which it is based
* the bringing together of students’ experiences, real-life issues and the academic curriculum
* exciting perspectives on creativity, personal learning, citizenship and emotional aspects of learning
* practical guidance based on what the students and teachers say
* sound theoretically-informed pedagogy which enables schools to reinvigorate students and teachers while meeting attainment targets
With its vision and inspiration plus practical teaching strategies, the book is for everyone involved in secondary education, principally the teachers and headteachers, policy makers and HEI programs for initial teacher training and professional development in education The authors are the principal researchers of the research study on which the book is based.
The book also has contributions from Maria Gee, Debra Kidd and the headteachers of the schools, Tim Boyes and Matthew Milburn.