BUSINESS BOOKS AND REPORTS
Managing In-house Legal Services Edition 2
Providing High Value Support for Your Organisation
Managing an in-house legal department can be hugely stimulating and fulfilling. It can also be very stressful and fatiguing. It is tremendously important to take time periodically to step back from the day-to-day activities, which seem so pressing, to chart a way forward for the delivery of legal services to your organization and to really consider the development of your team’s – and your own -performance.
This is especially pertinent today, given the changes over recent years in:
* How the law and in-house lawyers are perceived by business people.
* The relationships between in-house lawyers and private practitioners and the ability to move between in-house and private practice.
* Working practices.
Managing In-House Legal Services captures the vital elements of effective legal department management and provides a guide to the busy in-house practitioner who must balance caseload with the pressures of managing a department.
1. Establishing an in-house team
2. Getting the balance right between in-house and external resources
3. Aligning legal services with business needs
4. Supporting the compliance effort
5. Staffing the legal service
6. Essential elements for performance
7. Developing the in-house team
8. Raising legal awareness
9. Working well with external advisers
10. What next?