PUBLISHERS AND DISTRIBUTORS OF PROFESSIONAL BOOKS AND JOURNALS
Taking Action for Looked After Children in School
A Knowledge Exchange Programme
Promoting the Achievement of Looked After Children (PALAC) is a knowledge exchange program that supports the development of practice in schools and expands the evidence base to ultimately improve outcomes for children in care. Feedback on the first year of PALAC exceeded expectations, with practitioners using their projects to evaluate and adapt their practice.
Now PALAC's leading researchers present a summary of the evidence, supported by numerous case studies, and reflect on its implications. This book will become a teaching resource for all professionals concerned with the education of children in care, such as designated teachers and Virtual School colleagues.
2. PALAC: A knowledge exchange partnership between school practitioners and researchers
3. Supporting emotional development and wellbeing
4. Strategic approaches to raising and monitoring attainment
5. Supporting learning
6. School environment
7. Effectiveness and deployment of staff
8. Supporting equality and diversity
9. Working together with other professionals and carers
Appendix: Self-assessment audit of school practices in relation to Looked After Children