Equine Reproductive Physiology, Breeding and Stud Management Edition 4
Fully updated and revised, the fourth edition of this popular textbook provides a complete and comprehensive account of how to successfully breed horses. Beginning with a grounding in reproductive anatomy, it reviews endocrine control and selection for breeding mares and stallions, pregnancy, parturition and lactation.
- Important new techniques such as cloning, intra-cytoplasmic sperm injections (ICSI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF) are covered in detail and bring the reader up to date.
- Over 300 photographs and two-color illustrations help to explain the text.
- A bestselling textbook from an expert, well-known author.
This textbook provides complete coverage of equine reproductive physiology, and will continue to be required reading for many equine science and related veterinary courses.
1. The Reproductive Anatomy of the Mare
2. The Reproductive Anatomy of the Stallion
3. Control of Reproduction in the Mare
4. Control of Reproduction in the Stallion
5. The Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy in the Mare
6. Endocrine Control of Pregnancy in the Mare
7. The Physical Process of Parturition
8. The Endocrine Control of Parturition
9. The Anatomy and Physiology of Lactation
10. Control of Lactation in the Mare
11. Selection of the Mare and Stallion for Breeding
12. Preparation of the Mare and Stallion for Covering
13. Mating Management
14. Management of the Pregnant Mare
15. Management of the mare at Parturition
16. Management of the Lactating Mare and Young Foal
17. Weaning and Management of Young stock
18. Stallion Management
20. Artificial Insemination
21. Embryo Transfer and Advanced Reproductive Techniques