Positive Energy Homes
Creating Passive Houses for Better Living
20th December 2017
- ISBN 9781486303762
- Language English
- Pages 272 pp.
- Size 10.25" x 7.875"
- Images 4-color throughout
Positive energy homes enable people to live healthy and comfortable lives with energy left over to share. Creating a house you love that produces surplus energy is surprisingly easy with a thorough understanding of how buildings work and careful attention to detail in construction. Positive Energy Homes provides home owners, architects, and builders with an understanding of the principles and technical details of building these houses.
The Passive House standard, with its well-proven track record, forms the basis for creating positive energy homes. This book explores the Passive House "fabric first" approach as well as the science and practicalities of effective ventilation strategies, smart options for heating and cooling, daylight harvesting, and efficient lighting and appliances. Positive Energy Homes offers a guide and inspiration for how positive energy living can be achieved through homes that power themselves and empower their occupants.
* Provides a guide to the elements of a building that influence energy consumption and empowers readers to make informed decisions in economically retrofitting or building a positive energy home
* Delivers an inspirational and achievable vision of the future of sustainable buildings with a holistic understanding of the elements that influence comfort, health and enjoyment in buildings
* Introduces the biology and physics behind great buildings with theory and easy-to-understand examples.
1. Creating healthy homes
2. The thermal envelope
3. Fresh air home delivery
4. Hot water
5. Heating and cooling
6. Light, views and connection with the environment
9. Energy generation and storage
11. Positive energy living Index