EXCELLENCE IN SCIENCE PUBLISHING
Reptiles of the NSW Murray Catchment
A Guide to Their Identification, Ecology and Conservation
This is an easy-to-use field guide to identifying the 80 reptile species currently known to occur in the Murray catchment area of New South Wales.
Illustrated with high quality color photographs, the book describes the key distinguishing features of each reptile and includes details on habitats and conservation status. Uniquely, it has a detailed chapter on how to conserve reptiles and manage key habitats, providing landholders and natural resource agencies with the knowledge to help conserve reptiles in agricultural farming landscapes. The up-to-date distribution maps are based on 10 years of extensive surveys and research on reptiles in the Murray catchment. The final chapter includes a section on similar looking species to further enable readers to accurately and quickly identify difficult species.
Reptiles of the NSW Murray Catchment promotes a broad appreciation of reptiles in the region, and is a must-have for natural history enthusiasts.
• A complete account of all reptile species known to occur in the Murray catchment
• New information on how to identify each species, where they occur in the Murray catchment and what habitats they use
• Up-to-date distribution maps for each species
1) Australia—The Land of Reptiles
2) The Importance of Conserving Reptile Diversity
3) Conserving Reptiles on Farms
4) The NSW Murray Catchment
5) Species Accounts
6) Identifying Similar Looking Skinks in the Murray Catchment
Appendix 1: Reptiles of the Murray Catchment and their Associated Vegetation Types
Appendix 2: Common and Scientific Names of Other Animals and Plants Mentioned
Index: Scientific Names
Index: Common Names